The Church influenced by Communism- the Warning from History

  

 

Clearly a superb film, which has a 96 percent rating on Rotten Tomatoes. I once met the great Polish philosopher and historian of Communism, Leszek Kołakowski. A friend questioned him on some arcane point about Marxism. "Ah, I don't bother about this stuff these days." Sadly, that stuff is coming back to haunt us in the form of rising tyrannies of left and right throughout the world. 

 On a separate occasion, I was at a reception in the European Parliament and I was explaining to an MEP that I was the son of a trade union leader (Association of Management and Professional Staff) who had eventually led the senior section of the Electricians and Plumbers Union. All around burst out laughing as I was talking to Lech Wałęsa's son...Lech Wałęsa was the leader of an Electricians Union....



        

Comments