'Tucho' Fernandez replaces the Theology of Liberation with the Theology of Hate.

'Tucho' Fernandez says his enemies lack ethics.  He wants to be a theologian who gets down into the mud.   We are clearly due for many, many more Hours of Hate for traditionalists and conservatives from the new Prefect.   You cannot construct a Catholic theology when it is based on such hatred.  He clearly hates the Church but projects this onto traditionalists and conservatives by scapegoating them. 

Eventually, he and Francis will end in a modernist bunker with the shambles of the modernist church of their own creation all around them. 

---

Like Francis a man who creates ecclesiastical fights and then complains about the virulence of the response.   No different from playground bullies.

The new Prefect goes on the attack: "These attacks come from Catholics in the United States".

'Tucho' Fernandez: "There are anti-Francis groups who are enraged, and who go so far as to use unethical means to harm me"

"They have no right to change my words. It seems they have no ethics for this, and it's not the first time they've done it to me".

"Anyway, they will continue to say many things, and they will ally with whoever they can to attack Francisco for having named me. But those who have known me closely know who I am. Thank you for the trust and affection you have always shown me".

The new Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, Víctor Manuel 'Tucho' Fernández, is not keeping quiet. He is not going to remain silent while traditionalist, ultra-Catholic or simply 'anti-Francis' groups launch - often anonymously and using the strategy of fear, so common among ecclesiastics - in the wake of the historic Papal designation. "There are groups opposed to Francis who are enraged, and who go so far as to use unethical means to harm me," the Argentine prelate replies forcefully to the critics.

On this occasion, and using his Facebook account, Fernández responds to those who brand his 'Sáname con tu boca: el arte de besar', "a little book of mine that no longer exists (!!!!- you wrote it, it exists!!!!), which spoke about kissing", as a poor quality script for a Vatican prefect.

Far from being discouraged, the Archbishop of La Plata explains that it was a book to "reach young people", a "catechesis for adolescents based on the meaning of kissing". "Well, what these extreme groups do is say: 'Look at the low quality of this theologian, look at the nonsense he wrote, look at the low level he has'. They've been humiliating me for years now with quotes from that book."

Heal me with your mouth
"But a catechesis for teenagers is not a book on theology", stresses 'Tucho' Fernández, who is proud of "having been that young parish priest who tried to reach out to everyone using the most diverse languages".

Cathcon: No-one ever said it was theology- just a weird book and even more weird now it is claimed to be a book of catechetics. No wonder parents are reluctant for their children to be involved in the Church.

A theologian who gets down in the mud
"That is why when the Pope speaks of my curriculum vitae he mentions that I was Dean of the Faculty of Theology, but at the same time he says that I was parish priest of "Santa Teresita". For him it is important that a theologian gets down in the mud and tries to use simple language that reaches everyone", he stresses.

Cathcon: he is going a long way towards converting the Church into a mud-flinging fight

Fernández goes further: "As these attacks come from Catholics in the United States, and they don't know Spanish, they mistranslate one of the poems in the book. They translate the word 'witch' as 'puta'. But the book says "bruja". They have no right to change my words. It seems they have no ethics for this, and it's not the first time they've done it to me", she complains.

Cathcon:  Witch in the context is bad enough. 

"In the end, they will continue to say many things, and they will ally themselves with whoever they can to attack Francisco for having named me. But those who have known me closely know who I am. Thank you for the trust and affection you have always shown me", concludes the prelate, who insists that "I am not doing this to defend myself. I have already endured these things many times and the storm will pass. But I am making this clear so that some of you do not feel confused or suffer because of these and other accusations, but above all I am doing it so that you do not try to harm Francis".


Comments