The Church becomes an object of satire in Germany

Cardinal Woelki in the "Today Show": "I'm not really healthy"

The ZDF satirical program "Heute Show" visited the Synodal Path. Gudrun Lux speaks plainly: If the Holy Spirit is a dove, then it will "poop on someone's head from time to time". Cardinal Woelki avoids comedian Fabian Köster, while Auxiliary Bishop Puff reacts quick-wittedly. The best quotes.

Gudrun Lux: "The only hope I still have is actually: The Holy Spirit is said to be a dove. And I have the experience that pigeons sometimes poop on someone's head. And I also know who could be a welcome victim."    

(Gudrun Lux is a young Synodalist, not known for mature argument)

Fabian Köster to Cardinal Woelki: "Are you actually against the ordination of women because women are simply not as good at covering things up as men?"

Cardinal Woelki: "Oh, you know - well, I've just got here and I'm not really healthy. I'll see where you can get in here."

Irme Stetter-Karp: "Do you know a Sicomatik? And stage three is on and you have sauerkraut that has been fermenting for a long time. And if the valve isn't opened a bit, then the sauerkraut will go through the roof."

(Cathcon: so the sauerkraut is going to hit the roof if she does not get her reforms)

Fabian Köster to Auxiliary Bishop Puff: "Mr. Puff, when will this brothel (Puff in German) finally be reformed in such a way that all problems will fizzle out with one brothel and one can finally say: finally there is peace in the brothel."

Auxiliary Bishop Puff: "I like my name too."

Fabian Köster to Bishop Bätzing: “The members of the Evangelicals also are on the Path – only with women and without sex.”

Bishop Bätzing: And with us without women and without sex."





A longer piece for those who understand German.  I will try and do some translation later.


Comments