Feast of Saint Timothy 24 January



For the Feast of Saint Timothy 2nd Epistle of St Paul to Timothy Chapter 1
[1] Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ, by the will of God, according to the promise of life, which is in Christ Jesus.
Paulus Apostolus Jesu Christi per voluntatem Dei, secundum promissionem vitae, quae est in Christo Jesu,

[2] To Timothy my dearly beloved son, grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father, and from Christ Jesus our Lord.
Timotheo carissimo filio : gratia, misericordia, pax a Deo Patre, et Christo Jesu Domino nostro.

[3] I give thanks to God, whom I serve from my forefathers with a pure conscience, that without ceasing, I have a remembrance of thee in my prayers, night and day.
Gratias ago Deo, cui servio a progenitoribus in conscientia pura, quod sine intermissione habeam tui memoriam in orationibus meis, nocte ac die

[4] Desiring to see thee, being mindful of thy tears, that I may be filled with joy,
desiderans te videre, memor lacrimarum tuarum, ut gaudio implear,

[5] Calling to mind that faith which is in thee unfeigned, which also dwelt first in thy grandmother Lois, and in thy mother Eunice, and I am certain that in thee also.
recordationem accipiens ejus fidei, quae est in te non ficta, quae et habitavit primum in avia tua Loide, et matre tua Eunice, certus sum autem quod et in te.

[6] For which cause I admonish thee, that thou stir up the grace of God which is in thee, by the imposition of my hands.
Propter quam causam admoneo te ut resuscites gratiam Dei, quae est in te per impositionem manuum mearum


 

Comments