Feast of Saint Prisca

Then the Emperor, enraged beyond measure, ordered her to be led outside the city to be beheaded. The holy martyr Prisca, rejoicing, said : “‘O Lord Jesus Christ, Redeemer of all, I praise Thee, I adore Thee, I beseech Thee, I implore Thee, who hast liberated me from all the evils intended for me. Save me now, O Lord Jesus Christ, with whom there is no acceptation of persons ; perfect me in the confession of Thy name; order me to be received into Thy glory, that I may happily escape the evils by which I am surrounded ; and reward the impious Claudius according to his works towards Thy helpless handmaid!” And having said this she turned towards the executioners and addressed them thus: “Fulfil the orders you have received.” And thus did the blessed Prisca end her life by the sword ; and a voice was heard from heaven, saying : “Because thou hast fought for My name, Prisca, enter into the kingdom of heaven with all My saints.” And when this was said, the executioners fell on their faces and died.





From the Acts of Saint Prisca  Colouration https://palette.fm/ 

Comments