Dutch city turns church into a luxury experience

It has been a while since I've enjoyed going to church so much.

As a lapsed Catholic I tend to keep my church attendances to Christmas and, if I'm feeling quite a lot of guilt, Easter. (Cathcon- guilt because you are no longer practising- don't forget those other sins).

However, I would happily go to 'church' at Maastricht's Kruisherenhotel on a daily basis.
A former gothic church and monastery dating from the 15th century, the buildings have been beautifully renovated to welcome"


The moral of the story- liberal, lapsing Catholics feel more comfortable when churches are no longer churches.

Comments

Long-Skirts said…
THE
WOODEN
PEW

When I feel,
That I don’t fit,
Into the world’s
Broad view,

There is a place,
Where I go sit,
Reflecting on
What’s true.

It isn’t soft.
It isn’t warm.
And in the dirt
It grew,

Just like the cross,
From trees of earth…
It is the
Wooden pew.