Diocese Repudiates Catholic Priest

who said Obama supporters should not seek Communion

A Roman Catholic diocese in South Carolina officially repudiated a priest Friday after he told his parishioners that people who voted for Barack Obama had supported the 'intrinsic evil' of abortion and should not seek Communion.

Father Jay Scott Newman, writing in the weekly bulletin of St. Mary's Catholic Church in Greenville, S.C., called Obama 'the most radical pro-abortion politician ever to serve in the United States Senate or to run for president.'

'Voting for a pro-abortion politician when a plausible pro-life alternative exits constitutes material cooperation with intrinsic evil, and those Catholics who do so place themselves outside of the full communion of Christ's Church and under the judgment of divine law,' Newman wrote."

Comments

Long-Skirts said…
JUDITH’S LITTLE
BROTHERS

I’ve been big sister
All my life,
Seen trials and tears
Much love and strife.

I took some hits,
The biggest and tall,
For the love of them,
My siblings, small.

But once again,
I’m called to fight
For little brothers
With all my might.

My little brothers,
Fathers they be,
Need sisters older,
Judiths like me

To walk behind,
While men do scorn
And praise these priests
And blow their horn,

To give support,
As they help others,
And back them up,
My cassocked brothers.

But how you hate,
You say to me,
These other Christs
That live for He.

With that, my hair
Stands up on end
For born a Catholic
I will defend.

You better run,
You better hide,
To bully His Blood
I won’t abide.

With sacrifice
And daily Mass,
Big sister, I,
Will kick your…

…as I was saying,
To all them others…
Don’t mess with Judith’s
Little brothers!!


(Father Jay Scott Newman,"he ain't heavy,he's my..." little, brother)
Unknown said…
I think that the Priest is very right in what he said. He was defending our faith and there are too many out there who don't. God is first and too many Catholics put him on the side when it came to the election. I wish that we had a Priest that would speak up and tell our congregation the same thing.


Mary Behring
Pratt KS
Laurence said…
God bless this brave and morally correct priest, Fr. J. Scott Newman for standing up for the true teachings of the Catholic Church, and SHAME on the Diocese for not standing behind him, for further confusing Catholics about the moral obligation to fight abortion and abortion proponents, and to refrain from Holy Communion while in the state of grave sin! I believe the Church in Rome would support you Fr. Newman!