A saint, he ain't II

How Obama appears on the site of the French left-"Catholic" magazine Golias.

They spend their lives wracked with doubts about the great dogmas of Catholicism, but are swift to place their trust in the children of men.












Psalm 145 1 to 5
1 Alleluia, of Aggeus and Zacharias.
2 Praise the Lord, O my soul, in my life I will praise the Lord: I will sing to my God as long as I shall be. Put not your trust in princes:
3 In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation.
4 His spirit shall go forth, and he shall return into his earth: in that day all their thoughts shall perish.
5 Blessed is he who hath the God of Jacob for his helper, whose hope is in the Lord his God:
Psalm 11
1 Unto the end; for the octave, a psalm for David.
2 Save me, O Lord, for there is now no saint: truths are decayed from among the children of men.
3 They have spoken vain things every one to his neighbour: with deceitful lips, and with a double heart have they spoken.
4 May the Lord destroy all deceitful lips, and the tongue that speaketh proud things.
5 Who have said: We will magnify our tongue; our lips are our own; who is Lord over us?
6 By reason of the misery of the needy, and the groans of the poor, now will I arise, saith the Lord. I win set him in safety; I will deal confidently in his regard.
7 The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried by the fire, purged from the earth refined seven times.
8 Thou, O Lord, wilt preserve us: and keep us from this generation for ever.
9 The wicked walk round about: according to thy highness, thou best multiplied the children of men.

Comments