Heresy top alert!

A new protestant deformation of the Bible text. Bible in just language. There are now female pharisees and needlees to say female apostles. They claim that the New Testament is a piece of Jewish scripture. This is the flip side of the coin from those who wish to discount the Old Testament as non-Christian (as some Nazis claimed). Sadly, this is the German middle class trying and failing to come to terms with their own very tragic history.

The authoritative text of the Bible is the Vulgate. The best English translation is the Douay-Rheims. Avoid all modern translations- they are misleading, Catholic and protestant alike.

Comments

Jeff Miller said…
I like the RSV Catholic Version 2nd Edition put out by Ignatius Press. I also use the Douay-Rheims, but it is not a perfect translation of the Vulgate.

Apologist Jimmy Akin had a good article on the Douay-Rheims.

http://www.catholic.com/thisrock/2002/0202bt.asp
Kevin said…
Thank you. My thoughts, exactly. I keep only the Vulgate and the Douay-Rheims with me. I've never seen the RSV.
Eric John said…
Baronius Press, publishers of the 1962 Missal (an EXCELLENT publication in my view) and a Douay-Rheims (which I have yet to get), is planning (God willing) to publish the pristine Clementine Vulgate (the official Vulgate until 1979)--hopefully in Morroccan leather with gilt edges as the Missal. I can't wait. You can find the Clementine Vulgate (Latin, of course) on-line or you can go through a Spanish publisher who does an OK hardcover version--not as nice as Oxford University Press, but decent enough for reference (text is a bit small).

Someone told me that Bishop Challoner, who edited the Douay-Rheims was a holy man. One holy man is worth several hundred committees. (This should be a Proverb.) Even though he can make mistakes, he's not subject to the evil group-think of a misguided committee.