Pages

Buy Books and Support Cathcon


Thursday, August 05, 2010

Saint Paul's Basilica, Toronto, Canada.

Reactions 
Hello everyone, I'm quite new to posting on blogs, so please bear with me as I learn how to do this. I will be posting from time to time, presenting photos that I have taken of historic Catholic Churches here in Canada. I hope you enjoy!



I will start with some pictures of Saint Paul's Basilica in Toronto, Canada. This present church was built in 1888, replacing an older church which was destroyed by a fire in 1886. The present Saint Paul's is built in the Italian Renaissance style by Joseph Connolly, a prominent architect in late 19th century Canada.







Some pictures of the interior.

















The beautiful facade.
























The facade and companile.


Post a Comment