Pope Francis sends greetings to new Archbishop of Canterbury

To the Most Reverend and Right Honourable
Justin Welby
Archbishop of Canterbury


"May grace and peace be multiplied to you" (1 Pet 1:2b)

I thank you for the kind words contained in your message to me at my election, and I wish in turn to offer my greetings and best wishes on the occasion of your Enthronement at Canterbury Cathedral.

The pastoral ministry is a call to walk in fidelity to the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. Please be assured of my prayers as you take up your new responsibilities, and I ask you to pray for me as I respond to the new call that the Lord has addressed to me.

I look forward to meeting you in the near future, and to continuing the warm fraternal relations that our predecessors enjoyed.


From the Vatican, 18 March 2013

FRANCIS

Source

Cathcon- what an inverted world we live in, where the Pope is inaugurated (the word comes from reading of auguries in pagan Rome) and an Archbishop of Canterbury is enthroned.

Comments