Getting Christology wrong?

"There is nothing special here. You have seen and heard this all before.

What am I referring to? Preaching that obscures the person of Christ by focusing exclusively on what theologians call a low-Christology; liturgical words that have no basis in the missal and certainly no basis in tradition.

Nothing special here.

Except for the fact this preaching is broadcast on national television. I'm referring to an incident from the 'Daily Mass' televised at St. Michael's Cathedral in Toronto. As many will know the Mass is broadcast about five times a day on Vision TV and Salt & Light.

The date is June 2, 2007. The celebrant is Fr. Pat Fitzpatrick, a member of the Spiritan order. The reading is from Mk. 11:27-33."

Full text and videos here

Comments

Oh, I just had a go at this last night.

I think I got him cripsy.