Ghostly Image of Christ in Kitzingen, Germany



or how to ruin the glory of God's house.

Comments

Anita Moore said…
After seeing all the garbage that's going on in Germany, I guess it's no coincidence that the Holy Spirit picked us out a German Holy Father.

And I guess I should be thankful that, as bad as things are where I am, they still don't hold a candle to how bad things are over there.
William said…
I lived in Germany for 4 years and without making the slightest effort to search for a good church, but just by going to the nearest parish church, I had mostly good experiences. Both parish churches I attended in Berlin, for example, had (Novus Ordo) high masses in Latin every other Sunday. The intervening Sundays featured German high masses. Whether Latin or German, the form was quite close to a traditional latin mass (although I did not know that at the time, never having attended a traditional mass). In fact, I have never seen so much incense, or heard a priest chant (especially the preface) so well since I left Germany.

None of the abuses exposed in this blog occured there except that communion in the hand was the norm. Even then, I never saw anyone treat the eucharist as if it were a distribution of snack crackers, the way it often seems to be here.

The one thing that really didn't appeal to me in those parishes was the poor quality of the sermons. There was rarely any attempt to explain the catholic faith. It was usually some sort of general talk about ethics or morals - mostly from a liberal humanistic point of view.